Achieving Growth Despite a Challenging Economic Climate
The past year has been a challenging one for many industries with the ongoing pandemic, national social and political tensions, foreign trade concerns, and more — all making companies pause to consider their strategies. But now that 2020 is in the rearview mirror, we wanted to take a look at what we as a firm and our clients were able to accomplish despite these challenges.
Our Clients’ Accomplishments
First and foremost, we want to acknowledge the many organizations that chose to pursue new merger and acquisition opportunities throughout the year. We’re grateful to our clients and partners for engaging our team to support them with these critical transactions. Below is a summary of the transactions in which we represented and supported our clients.
- The B&B Music ATM & Bitcoin Divisions were sold to Payment Alliance International
- Applied Vision was sold to Antares Vision
- STAR was sold to Mangrove Equity Partners
- LabelPrint Technologies was sold to Western Shield Label Company
- D&L Machine Company Inc. was sold to Summit Machine Solutions LLC
- The Food Service Division of Homer Laughlin was sold to Steelite, a portfolio company of Arbor Investments
- Temperform, a portfolio company of Oakland Standard Co., acquired Damascus Steel Casting Company
- A privately held company has been sold to the Riverside Company. (More details forthcoming.)
Again, thank you to our valued clients and partners for your trust in helping you to execute these transactions. We were grateful to be of assistance in helping these deals succeed.
Our Firm’s Accomplishments
We Won Two Awards
This year, our firm received its second consecutive wins for two M&A industry awards. First was The M&A Advisor’s 19th Annual M&A Advisor Awards, in which we won Boutique Investment Banking Firm of the Year. Learn more about this award in our recent announcement here.
Additionally, our team was honored with another recognition as an M&A Today Global 100 award winner. We again secured the Best Investment Banking Advisory of the Year – Ohio, USA award. Our hardworking team was up to the task. You can learn more about this award and the qualification process in our recent announcement.
We Grew Into a New Space
Toward the end of 2019, our firm realized that we need a new space to support our growth. We purchased a building in November of 2019 — also in charming Medina, OH — and began renovations to make the office truly our own. Our team moved into the new space in May of 2020. While we continue to meet with clients virtually and in the office, we’re excited to showcase our new space in the future once the pandemic begins to subside.
Our Team Members Advanced Their Careers
Toward the end of 2020, and in recognition of their hard work in helping our clients achieve their goals, we promoted three individuals on our team:
- Marc A. Fleagle was promoted from Vice President to Senior Vice President
- Daniel M. Bowman was promoted from Senior Associate to Vice President
- Evan J. Lyons was promoted from Associate to Senior Associate
We hope you will join us in congratulating these hardworking team members on their well-deserved promotions. We look forward to seeing their contributions in their new roles in the year ahead.
We’re Just Getting Started
With more transactions nearing completion and new team members soon coming aboard, we couldn’t be more excited for 2021 and the opportunities it will bring to both our firm and our clients. As always, if your organization is considering a merger, selling to another organization, or acquiring a business to support your growth strategy, we remain available to support you.